IGLOO CAT LITTER BOX 雪屋猫砂盆
Igloo Cat Litter Box is the first product of Pidan Studio, a startup company specialize in product design for indoor cats. Inspired by the Eskimo snow house, I try to solve some problems in the process of raising cat in an elegant way which offers a much more pleasant living experience for both cats and cat lovers.
Launched in January 2016, Igloo has got a lot of positive feedback. The product is now available in the online store in China. Igloo Cat Litter Box won "Red Dot" award in June 2016.
Key Findings from Research and Interview
- Covered litter box is becoming increasingly popular because it prevents spills and control the odour, which maintains a clean interior environment.
- Cats also concern about privacy. Some like to choose an enclosed and dark place.
- The clean grid must be long enough to let cats walk through to reduce spills.
- The entrance and corridor should be wide enough to let fat cats or large cats walk through. The interior space must be large enough for cat's activity.
- Pay attention to the scoop. It should easily reach every corner of litter box and filter out all the clumps.
- Use's requirement to aesthetics should also be taken into account. Simple, elegant and cute products are more welcomed.
Design Guide Words
Ideation and Production Process
3D Printed Model
Injection Molding: Material and Detail
User Test：Cat owners, cats in varying shapes, different cat litters, etc.
Design by me in 2 months | Sep 2015
Special thanks to Wenfei Ma, the founder of Pidan Studio
3D model made with Rhinoceros
Product manufactured by Zhongheng Pet Articles Joint-Stock Co.
Photos credit to Pidan Studio and customers
This product owns design patent in China and France, and it won "Red Dot" award in June 2016